[Avodah] FW: Worth thinking about

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:35:18 PST 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:30:14 -0500
Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> Jewish law is not a "truth seeking venture". If it were, we would be
> listening to the bas qol. It's a process for mapping Divine Thought

There are, of course, other interpretations of why the Hachamim didn't
follow the Bas Kol in the case of Tanur Shel Achnai.  Tosfos (Yevamos
14a s.v. Rabbi Yehoshua), for example, suggest (in their first
approach) that the veracity of that Bas Kol was dubious, since it only
occurred in defense of the honor of Rabbi Eliezer.

> Micha Berger             A cheerful disposition is an inestimable treasure.

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - http://bdl.freehostia.com
A discussion of Hoshen Mishpat, Even Ha'Ezer and other matters