[Avodah] Skipping Korbanos

Joshua Meisner jmeisner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:38:50 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
>  1- If true Toraso Umenaso can bow out of Shema, a deOraisa, or at least
>  minimize Shema, why not -- by parallel -- allow a kollelnik to get back
>  to seder faster with a heicher qedushah?

My impression was that Toraso Umenuso was only applied to R' Yehuda
bar Ilai and his colleagues, to the extent that no one nowadays could
invoke this concept to be exempted from tefillah (or any other chiyuv,
although the sevara reported by RDK regarding korbanos and the beraisa
of R' Yishmael might still make sense from a practical standpoint).

Kol Tuv,

Joshua Meisner