[Avodah] Skipping Korbanos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 31 14:19:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 09:56:31PM -0400, Joshua Meisner wrote:
: What's the connection between saying heicha kedusha and learning all
: day?  I recall hearing that the basis of the practice is that chazaras
: ha-shatz is a din of a beis hak'nesses, not of a beis hamedrash (or
: wedding hall, etc.).

1- If true Toraso Umenaso can bow out of Shema, a deOraisa, or at least
minimize Shema, why not -- by parallel -- allow a kollelnik to get back
to seder faster with a heicher qedushah?

2- I recall my father saying besheim RYBS that heicher qedushah is only
an option when there is so little time before sheqiah that the sha"tz
couldn't possibly repeat shemoneh esrei before nightfall.

Yes, this is the line at which most people say the first two berakhos
with the shat"tz before the heicher qedushah. According to RYBS, that's
the only way to do it; the notion of repeating the first two berakhos
after qedushah simply isn't in his system.

Micha Berger             Man is equipped with such far-reaching vision,
micha at aishdas.org        yet the smallest coin can obstruct his view.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507