[Avodah] ashkenaz and sefard

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 11:30:00 PST 2008

There is a famous story that the community was of Mainz was destroyed because
that the time of the churban they did not properly mourn the destruction.

The trouble with these stories is that there is no historical basis to
claims that
the Ashkenaz community is that old. What others have mentioned is letters from
the kings of the holy roman empire inviting Jews from Luca italy to move
into Germany

kol tuv

Eli

--