[Avodah] The Klausenberger Rebbe on Zionism after the Holocaust

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 09:13:01 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> A machloqes he also finds during the Napoleanic Wars, between Rabbi
> Menachem Mendel of Rimanov and the Rabbi of Ropshitz.

> SheTir'u baTov!
> -micha

It also seem that the Ba'al Hatanya favored the czar in this struggle
because he distruted emancipation, but Hirsch later on embraced it [post
1848]

Also a later Chabad Rebbe attacked Mendelsohnn as worth than J of Nazareth.
I do not belive Hirsch would have shared that hashkafa in that he equated
Mendlesohn with Rambam in Letter 18.

Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com
see: http://nishmablog.blogspot.com/