[Avodah] The Klausenberger Rebbe on Zionism after the Holocaust

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Feb 28 14:05:58 PST 2008

I highly recommend
<http://www.vbm-torah.org/archive/shoah/10shoah.htm> by R' Tamir
Granot.

The KR posits that Esther and Mordechai partook in a machloqes as to
whether one should try for a partial yeshua, or hold out for a
complete one from HQBH. Esther was asking for ta'anis and teshuvah so
that we would merit a complete yeshua, not a simple pragmatic survival
brought about through the aegis of a person.

A machloqes he also finds during the Napoleanic Wars, between Rabbi
Menachem Mendel of Rimanov and the Rabbi of Ropshitz.

The implications WRT 1948 are obvious, but it's worth seeing the full
development of the initial idea to see how he plays it out.

I'm reminded of something from Rav Dovid Lifshitz. My rebbe celebrated
Yom haAtzmaut, but only as a partial victory. We have *atzmaut*, but
the *etzem* of Klal Yisrael still needs to be restored.

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha

--
Micha Berger             "Man wants to achieve greatness overnight,
micha at aishdas.org        and he wants to sleep well that night too."