[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Feb 26 20:11:29 PST 2008

Yitzhak Grossman wrote:
> Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
>> T613K at aol.com wrote:

>>> The meat at lunch can be cold chicken (thanks to Chazal who were
>>> kind enough to make chicken fleishig, for this very purpose).
>> Huh?  I hope this is tongue in cheek (both of which are fleishig
>> mid'oraisa)!

> I wrote the above under what I now believe is a misinterpretation of
> your word 'both'; I originally assumed you meant 'cold and uncold
> chicken', but I now understand you to mean '[human] tongue and
> cheek'.  Is human flesh b'halav d'o'raisa, considerations of ein issur
> hal al issur aside [2]?

No, it isn't, not even midrabanan.   But stam "tongue" and "cheek" are
not human.

(And since human flesh is only an asei, had it been fleishig I don't
think ein issur chal al issur would have applied.)

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.