[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:40:59 PST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:57:46 -0500
Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> T613K at aol.com wrote:

> > The meat at lunch can be cold chicken (thanks to Chazal who were
> > kind enough to make chicken fleishig, for this very purpose).
>
> Huh?  I hope this is tongue in cheek (both of which are fleishig
> mid'oraisa)!

Actually, Maran [0] and Shach [1] rule that fowl isn't m'd'oraisa,
Rema doesn't disagree, and although Shach cites a dissenting view of
some Aharonim, he states that "harbeh poskim m'od" rule that it isn't.

I wrote the above under what I now believe is a misinterpretation of
your word 'both'; I originally assumed you meant 'cold and uncold
chicken', but I now understand you to mean '[human] tongue and
cheek'.  Is human flesh b'halav d'o'raisa, considerations of ein issur
hal al issur aside [2]?

[0] SA YD 87:3
[1] ibid. 4
[2] see ibid. Pis'he T'shuvah 6

> Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat