[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri Feb 15 11:23:15 PST 2008

kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:

> (At home, we usually have milchig for the second night of yom tov,
> except at the seder of course, when we move it to lunch.)

Of course?  Having milchigs at the seder seems rather unusual, but
I'm not aware of a din that would prevent it.  Many years ago my
sister-in-law's sister and her husband spent Pesach in the Netherlands
and were invited to someone for the seder; they were astonished when
after the egg had been consumed, out came Shulchan Orech - in the form
of cheese!  What's more, their host seemed surprised at their surprise;
I don't know how common a milchige seder is in the Netherlands, but
apparently this host didn't think it was that unusual.  The Dutch are
proud of their cheeses, and I guess for them this is the ultimate in
simchas yomtov or something.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.