[Avodah] Responsibilities to our host country - maharatz chiyut

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Wed Feb 6 13:38:41 PST 2008

<<Whatever is best for the Jews is automatically best for the country, because Hashem blesses those who bless the Jews.)>>

It's not quite as metaphysical as that;  if you look up the pasuk that I quoted, you'll see that it is in fact self-interest.  Having the best person for office in our host countries benefits us along the lines of "is it good for the Jews?" in the classic formulation, rather than any abstract beracha such as you describe.

It's in Yirmiya 29:7

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com

Beauty Product Reviews
Read unbiased beauty product reviews and join our product review team!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/JKFkuJi7GiXXMurrJx3rqC03JhiinuqaEuIHYIU32eKoSY9ezOC82O/