[Avodah] "From Copper to Silver to Gold"

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 09:04:04 PST 2008

From: Richard Wolberg <cantorwolberg at cox.net>
>>As one  comes closer to God, there is a
progression from the copper to the  silver to the gold.

As I see it, when we are born we're on the outer  courtyard... Finally, when
that fateful day arrives and we leave this   world, we hopefully, will have
made it to inside the sanctuary, having
successfully progressed ultimately to the 'gold' and full potential of
our souls.<<

Makes for a nice drasha but I don't know if it's totally oisgehalten.   True,
the building and items in the building were made of copper, silver and  gold,
but the Kohen Gadol on Yom Kippur, when he entered the kodesh hadkedoshim,
davka wore plain white and did /not/ wear his bigdei zahav, because "ein
kategor  na'aseh sanegor."  And when a person goes to meet his Maker, he is dressed
in white tachrichim.  White is more of a symbol of innocence and purity,
gold is I'm not sure what -- a symbol of Divine splendor, perhaps.

--Toby Katz
Romney -- good  values, good family, good hair
Best hope against  Hillary

48)