[Avodah] Shekalim

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Sun Feb 3 13:00:00 PST 2008

For next week Parashat Shekalim, how much I need to give?
I heard that in some shules they use a silver coin, some give about $5?
Is there a "fixed rate" for waht I need to give for Machatzit Hashekel?

galsaba

 -------------------------
<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003
00000002548>
Actually IIRC some shuls have a minhag to specifically say(on the plate)
this isn't really machzit hashekel because if it were (except for a
diyuk in the yerushalmi)  the kedusha on the money would not be
reversible if the giver thought he was giving real machtzit hashekel

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.