[Avodah] [Areivim] Binfol oyvekha al tismach?

chana at kolsassoon.org.uk chana at kolsassoon.org.uk
Tue Jan 29 04:51:07 PST 2008

RMM writes:
>Well, we see that we definitely sang Shirat haYam. So apparently, we
>are allowed to sin over mamash enemies.

>But maybe it's not a matter of their being mamash enemies; maybe we
>can sing over *anyone* who isn't a Jew, whether he murdered or merely
>cut in line at the bank. As we see in the Midrash of Mordechai and
>Haman, Haman's being a gentile nullified this prohibition of dancing
>over the fall of your enemy.

As RMB has mentioned, we had a very long thread on this on Avodah -
which you really should read.  Since RMB has, however, only pointed you
in the direction of his blog, here is the reference to one of my
postings on the subject on Avodah,  - in which I link the whole
question, via at teshuva of ROY, to the modern question as to whether
one should say full Hallel on Yom Hatzmaut and Yom Yershalayim with a
bracha.  See:

http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol17/v17n039.shtml#17

>Mikha'el Makovi

Regards