[Avodah] 15 different fruits on Tu B'shvat

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:11:15 PST 2008

R' Liron Kopinsky:
On a separate note, the quote about being asked about "everything that his
eyes beheld and he did not wish to eat" still doesn't seem to require
someone to go to the Alps. Since the Alps are not in front of me now and I
can't see them, I should not be required to use them. However, if someone
were to place a juicy steak in front of me, even if my general practice
might be to abstain from meat during the week, it would seem that I should
eat the steak as it is something I am currently beholding and would
otherwise be refusing to partake in Hashem's good.

Maybe a Ba'al Mussar would say that you should eat from the steak - but only
one bite.

KT,
MYG