[Avodah] O attend R wedding = kosher eidim?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 11 14:24:44 PDT 2008

We don't hold like Tosafos, though. We presume very little to define
the eidim as a separate appointed kat. Even those who want, lechumrah,
to be chosheish for their shitah and make an explicit appointment of
the eidim would not invalidate the qidushin le'achar ma'aseh. It's not
ikar hadin.

We can't revive a rejected shitah for the sake of permitting agunos,
as it would also destroy numerous (the overwhelming majority) of
marriages.

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha

--
Micha Berger             "Man wants to achieve greatness overnight,
micha at aishdas.org        and he wants to sleep well that night too."