[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:58:46 PST 2008

> >R' Sholom Simon (on Areivim):
> > > And, nu?, where in the Gemara does it even say that we should have
> > > meat on Shabbos?
> > >
> > > (trick question)
MYG:
> >Chullin 84a. (I'm not sure what the trick is - it seems pretty
> >straightforward...)
R' SS:
> Does Chullin give permission to eat a lot of meat, or is it mandating
> it?
<SNIP>

If I'm interpreting the Gemara correctly, it seems to indicate that for
health reasons one should eat meat once a week (based on one's particular
circumstances - Ayin Sham), and that because of Kavod Shabbos one should eat
that meat on Shabbos. So yes, the Gemara is saying that we should eat meat
on Shabbos.

KT,
MYG