[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:10:30 PST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:57:01 GMT
"kennethgmiller at juno.com" <kennethgmiller at juno.com> wrote:

> On the topic of what is <<< fleishig mid'oraisa >>>, R' Yitzhak Grossman wrote:
>
> > Actually, Maran [0] and Shach [1] rule that fowl isn't
> > m'd'oraisa, Rema doesn't disagree, and although Shach cites
> > a dissenting view of some Aharonim, he states that "harbeh
> > poskim m'od" rule that it isn't.
>
> But that was in the context of basar b'chalav, which doesn't have anything to do with the simcha or oneg which one gets from eating it.

The context of my remarks was:

Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> T613K at aol.com wrote:

> > The meat at lunch can be cold chicken (thanks to Chazal who were
> > kind enough to make chicken fleishig, for this very purpose).
>
> Huh?  I hope this is tongue in cheek (both of which are fleishig
> mid'oraisa)!

I understood RnTK to mean that Hazal's defining fowl as bassar WRT
bassar b'halav was in order to allow us to utilize it to fulfil the
obligation of the Shabbos day meal (which is of course not true, at
least not on the level of P'shat [even according to the opinion that
the prohibition of bassar of b'halav is Rabbinic], as RZS retorts). I
am unsure of what she actually meant.

> Akiva Miller

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat