[Avodah] Roast lamb

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:35:46 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Richard Wolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2008 9:30 AM, Elazar M. Teitz <remt at juno.com> wrote:
>
> > R. Rich Wolpoe writes:
> >
> > <Roasting in a pot is not halachically roasting at all in Yorei Dei'ah
> > even w/o any added water. [the meat will ooze its juices soon enough].
> >

> Any source earlier than the Magen Avraham on this?  Anyone [asidee from
> Sephardim] that do not buy into this Chumra?
>
> --
> Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
> RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com
> see: http://nishmablog.blogspot.com/

Yep there is another source

The Aruch hashulchan. I saw it today and Baruch Hashem he was mechaven to my
point!  <big smile!>

Of course the Avodah universe should have genuflected to the infallible RRW
first, but since people are not infallibe as I am, they needed PROOF.

All kidding aside, it is sometimes a wonder why a good sevara needs a
Gadol?  Whatever happend to al tistakel bekankan ella...!   Today's world
[rigth and left] is so enamored with authors and not  good Torah.  As I
creep past middle age I was nostalgic for the good old Litvisher Rabbanim
who were not enamored by NAMES but by quality Torah.

As one haver recnetly seemed to suggest we should determine the correctnes
of the sevara by taking an IQ test of the sovrim!   Whatevev happend to
plain logical. reason, Sevara, Sechel hayashar!

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,