[Avodah] Zayin Adar

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 10:00:10 PST 2008

From: "Richard Wolpoe" _rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com_
(mailto:rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com)

>>The reason I reject a literal 24-hour day for the first 6 days  is that by
the
Torah's OWN account the Sun/Moon/Stars/Plents [iow our  clanedrical system!]
was not created until day 4. <<

I don't believe in literal 24-hour days for the first six days either, but  I
must point out that what you say is lav davka.  It's possible that until  Day
4 the atmosphere was so thick and soupy that the sun and the moon were
completely obscured, and they only became visible on the fourth day (or /would/
have been visible if there had been anyone there to see them) when the
atmosphere cleared enough to let the sun shine down onto the surface of the  planet.
Rashi says the sun and the moon and everything else were created  on the first
day and only put in place on their respective days of  creation.  The sun
being put in the sky on Day 4 could theoretically  mean it only became visible in
the sky on that day.

--Toby  Katz

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)