[Avodah] Zayin Adar

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:16:58 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

>  But the Seder Olam seems to use a
> 0-origin calendar that starts from Adam's creation.
> --
> Zev Sero

Tangentially it is the about this point that makes me conclude that our
calendar is based upon the lenght of Adam Harishon's lifespan. And that if
you allow for a non-literal first 6 days the age of the world is not
addressed at all ONLY the age of humanity!

So one can be a 100% ma'min in my estimation by accepting 5768 as the age of
Adam and the age of the so-called universe as ????

The reason I reject a liteal 24-hour day for the first 6 days is that by the
Torah's OWN account the Sun/Moon/Stars/Plents [iow our clanedrical system!]
was not created until day 4. Which to me bespeaks a non-24 hour day to begin
with. Of course itt could mean a 2-second day, just as much as it could mean
a 2 billlion year day. the point is OUR time-paradigm simply did not exist
yet until at least the end of day 4.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com