[Avodah] Apocrypha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sat Feb 9 20:06:11 PST 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 07:30:55PM +0200, Michael Makovi wrote:
: Are you saying that without Chazal mentioning Sefer Enoch, we can't be
: sure which pesukim of it are kosher and wish aren't? ...

I mean it's simply not a source or proof of something. Quoting Apocrypha
tells me nothing about Torah I don't insert through my assessment of
the text using Torah I already know. Of interest to historians, but off
topic for talmud Torah.

Gut Voch!

Micha Berger             Mussar is like oil put in water,
micha at aishdas.org        eventually it will rise to the top.
http://www.aishdas.org                    - Rabbi Israel Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507