[Avodah] manipulating bodily energies

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Sun Jan 13 15:11:07 PST 2008

R' Richard Wolpoe wrote:
> But nowadays there seem to be many types of Jews who accept
> ol Mitzvos but have chas vshalom rejected Monotheism...
> Examples: Praying to avos at kever Avos
> Praying to malachim
> etc.

R' Zev Sero responded:
> I believe in Yiddishkeit - if you choose describe it as
> monotheistic, then so be it, I'm a monotheist; but if you
> then change the definition of monotheism so that
> Yiddishkeit no longer fits it, then fine, I'm not a
> monotheist.

This discussion will not make any progress unless and until we get a working definition of the word "monotheism".

I am very tempted to offer my views on this topic. However, since RZS has accused RRW of changing the definition, I would suggest that RZS should expand on his post, and explain what he thinks the original definition was, and what he thinks RRW changed the definition to.

Akiva Miller