[Avodah] Avodah Digest, Vol 25, Issue 13-manipulating bodily energies

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:46:36 PST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 11:06 AM, <JoshHoff at aol.com> wrote:

>  Rabbi Belsky has been very outspoken about these kinds of
>  practices,viewing them, at best,as dishonest  money-making schemes,and,at
> worse, as close to avodah zarah, IIRC. He expressed these views  at his
> end-of-the -summer  sessions in which he answered questions on all 4
> sections of  Shulchan Aruch at the Bostonner Beis Medrash  in
> Flatbush.They can  be heard on tapes of these shiurim marketed by  Irgun
> Shiurei Torah . I do not recall that he discussed it this past year,but I
> think he did each of the two previous years.

A guest  poster Reform jew  on Avodah about 10+ years ago stated that while
Reform is certainly challengd by Shemiras Shabbos etc. that AZ mamash is
MORE likley in the Orthodox community

I used to debate people about this;
Reform accept kabals Ol Malchus Shamayim but reject Ol Mitzvos
Orthodox accept both
But nowadays there seem to be many types of Jews who accept ol Mitzvos but
have chas vshalom rejected Monotheism...

Examples: Praying to avos at kever Avos
Praying to malachim
etc.

I take no joy in saying this stuff [tof'sei Torah lo yeda'uni]
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com
see: http://nishmablog.blogspot.com/