[Avodah] Avodah Digest, Vol 25, Issue 13-manipulating bodily energies

JoshHoff at aol.com JoshHoff at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 08:06:48 PST 2008

Rabbi Belsky has been very outspoken about these kinds of  practices,viewing
them, at best,as dishonest  money-making  schemes,and,at worse, as close to
avodah zarah, IIRC. He expressed these views  at his end-of-the -summer
sessions in which he answered  questions on all 4 sections of  Shulchan Aruch at the
Bostonner Beis Medrash  in Flatbush.They can  be heard  on tapes of these
shiurim marketed by  Irgun Shiurei Torah . I do  not recall that he discussed it
this past year,but I think he did each of the  two previous years.