[Avodah] RYBS and chazakah tav l'meitav

Glasner, David DGLASNER at ftc.gov
Thu Aug 17 08:40:45 PDT 2006

From: Moshe Feldman [mailto:moshe.feldman at gmail.com]
> R. Rakeffet has a lecture entitled "the Rav and R. Rackman"
> (http://www.yutorah.org/showShiur.cfm?shiurID=709654)...

[See previous post. -mi]

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. He of course meant to say
R. Moshe Shmuel Glasner. The work in question was probably Haqeir Davar
which the Dor Revi'i wrote on the question of the status of non-Jewish
spouses and offspring. We are now in the process of preparing Haqeir
Davar and various other writings of the Dor Revi'i for publication.
Tel Talpiyot is the name of the Hungarian rabbinical journal in which
the work may first have appeared. It is also possible that the statement
about ein adam oseh be'ilot znut was made in the subsequent responses and
rejoinders that appeared in Tel Talpiyot. It would be worth tracking
down those contributions in Tel Talpiyot which are not contained in
the original kuntres now in my possession. If anyone has access to
the original journals, I would appreciate hearing from him, so that I
could obtain copies of the subsequent material. It is even possible
that we might gain some insight about whether the Dor Revi'I concurred
with the Rav's view that there is a distinction between contingent and
ontological hazaqot.

David Glasner