[Mesorah] לַנַּעַר לְאַבְשָׁלוֹם

galsaba at aol.com galsaba at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 16:14:10 PST 2024

Seems to me that in all these cases the location of the tipcha is not syntactic . The two words לנער לאבשלום are long, and the tropes in cases like this would prefer to have the Ta'am Makdim not too far from the Keisar.  The second pasuk (יב) is an example.The tropes do not have to do it, as they did not do it in the other verses.
I am sure you read the book of William Wickes on the tropes.  He writes that sometimes the dichotomy is on the word you want to emphasize.Seems to me that this is the case with the first verse. Leat Li !
Shavua Tov,
Aharon Gal201-414-7190