[Mesorah] Ta'amei Emeth

galsaba at aol.com galsaba at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 15:53:16 PST 2023

וּבַמְּנֹרָה אַרְבָּעָה גְבִעִים מְשֻׁקָּדִים כַּפְתֹּרֶיהָ וּפְרָחֶיהָ
Without trops the pasuk is vague. So the trops decided:וּבַמְּנֹרָ֖ה אַרְבָּעָ֣ה גְבִעִ֑ים מְשֻׁ֨קָּדִ֔ים כַּפְתֹּרֶ֖יהָ וּפְרָחֶֽיהָ:
Now it s not vague anymore.
This is one of the roles of the trops.
But something very unique happened in the following verse:לַעֲלוּקָה שְׁתֵּי בָנוֹת הַב הַבThis pasuk is vague. Does it means that "LaAluka" is the title, like "LeDavid"? Or, it means that the leech had two daughters.
I would expect the trop to solve this question. If the put Mafsik Chazak after the word LaAluka,such as "LeAluka;Shete Banot"then I will know that they decided that LaAluka is the title.and if not, then it will be the second peirush.
But here the trop did something very unique. The decided to leave the pasul vague.How did they do it?לַֽעֲלוּקָ֨ה | שְׁתֵּ֥י בָנוֹת֮ הַ֤ב | הַ֥ב שָׁל֣וֹשׁ הֵ֭נָּה לֹ֣א תִשְׂבַּ֑עְנָה אַ֝רְבַּ֗ע לֹא-אָ֥מְרוּ הֽוֹן
What is the trop on the word LaAluka? Is it the Azla LeGarme, as a Shalish?it makes sense that it is, because the word "Vanot" has the ta'am mishne.
OrMay be the Azla LeGarme on the word LaAluka is replacement (temura) for Ole Veyored?it is possible too...
So, by using these trop they ON PURPOSE left the pasuk vague as it was without the trops.
This "trick" (sorry for using this word, I was trying to find a better one) can be used only in Sifrei Emeth.The reason is, some of the trops can play more than one role.For example, Mahpach LeGarme can be a Shalish, or Mishne, or a Melech to the left of the Etnanch.Azla LeGarme can play as a Shalish or as Melech.
This "trick" cannot be implemented on any of the other 21 sefarim....
Aharon Gal201-414-7190