[Mesorah] B'nos Tzelapchad Pronouns

Henry Topas hanktopas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 18:26:30 PDT 2023

Perhaps someone can answer why in the last piece of Bamidbar, the Torah
repeatedly uses the male possessive pronoun "lahem", "avihem" "b'eineihem"
etc.  Near the end, this switches largely to the feminine "Avihen" and
"Dodasan".

I have looked through many meforshim. The closest I found of interest was
the notion brought down that while still single, the daughters, being
Chachamos, were zocheh to the masculine pronouns.

I would be grateful for any additional insight or peirushim that I have
missed which would clarify this.

As a balkriah, this issue is particularly vexing.

Shkoyech in advance,

Kol Tuv,

Henry Topas