[Mesorah] בראשית נ, יב

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:18:55 PST 2023

Yitzhak Ajzner asked about Bereshis 50:12:

> How do you understand the position of the Etnahta?
> Surely, we would have expected it on the word כן!

I think that this way might give it even more emphasis. Consider:

on "ken":
His sons did it for him that way, just like he commanded.
on "lo":
His sons did it for him - Yes! Just like he commanded!

Incidentally, I noticed that the Netziv puts in some time expounding on the
word "ken" here. My skills aren't good enough to know whether he addresses
your question, but it might be worth a look.
https://mg.alhatorah.org/Full/Bereshit/50.12#e0n6 (Click the button below
the pasuk to see the Netziv and others)

Akiva Miller