[Mesorah] "Teven" at the end of a pasuk

galsaba at aol.com galsaba at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 08:36:12 PST 2021

The reason I posted on my previous email are the correct reasons of why the HaTol comes with a Komatz, and HaGeshem does not come with Komatz.Or in other words, why HaTol comes in Tzurath Hefsek, and HaGeshem comes with Tzurath Hemshech.
Yisrael Ben Davis listed ALL the Tzurath Hefsek and Hemshech of all the words in the bible, including explanations, analysis, etc.
Take for example the word "Tal" with Zakef Katon. It appears twice with a Komatz, and once with a Patach. If you read the three verses, you can see why in one of them it comes with a Patach.Take the word "Geshem" with a Zakef Katon and Gadol. It comes with a segol.
The only reason is the Tavnith.  Rav Ya'akov Kaminetzki in his sefer Emeth LeYa'akov wrote a different reason.  But the Emeth is in the book of Yisrael Ben David.
I have a PDF copy of the book.  Tell me if you are not convinced after you complete reading it....

Aharon201-414-7190