[Mesorah] A typo in my Chumash?

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 17:09:54 PDT 2020

"Nachor" was the name both of Terach's father, and one of Terach's sons.
This name appears eight times in Parshas Noach, Perek 11: once each in
pesukim 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27, and twice in 29. In eight of my
chumashim, it is spelled malei (with the vav, for a total of four letters)
all eight times.

But there is one exception. In my Hirsch Chumash (Judaica Press Ltd.,
Gateshead 1973), Bereishis 11:24 has it spelled chaser - only three letters
- nun, ches, resh, with no vav. I have attached a photo to this email,
though I don't know if it will be passed along to the mailing list. If
anyone would like me to send it directly, just email me at
AkivaGMiller at gmail.com

MY QUESTION is this: Is this an error in this particular edition? Or might
it be a variant spelling of some kind?

Akiva Miller