[Mesorah] Nusach Ashkenaz - Long Tachanun

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:14:27 PDT 2019

R' Robert Miller (no relation, but hi!) asked:

<<< After nefilas apayim on Mon/Thurs, the inserted piyut in ArtScroll
editions says "mekavoh" (komatz) and not "mekaveh" (segol) like all other
siddurim.  Do you know why ArtScroll does this and why the others do not?
Thanks! >>>

(In case anyone had trouble finding this, I believe he's referring to the
ninth word of the paragraph "Zarim Omrim".)

I don't know why your ArtScroll has the komatz, but I am confident that it
was deliberate, and not a typo. The evidence is in my hand: a "First
Edition / First Impression / August 1984" version of that siddur, which
DOES have the segol.

FYI, A quick look through my other siddurim turned up one other that also
has the segol: Siddur Yedod Malchus, printed by Eshkol.

Akiva Miller