[Mesorah] Trop Metigah ("Kadma Zakef Katon")

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Sun Jun 16 14:37:14 PDT 2019

Same for me (or, rather, from the person from whom I learned how to chant
it) -- that it's a unique melody, dissimilar to the zakef katan and zakef
gadol.  As for its name, I learned it as "metogah zakef" (or, perhaps,
"metugah zakef" -- I have it written without vowels:
mem-tav-vav-gimmel-hay)  Jacobson calls it a metiga, but has a melody that
is similar to the other zakefs (and, perhaps similar to his version of
kadma and zakef).