[Mesorah] P. Metzora 14:6 Hash'chutah

rabbirichwolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:48:04 PDT 2019

Asking again'this time from the Qimchi perspectiveHash'chutah is written AFAICT with the 3 dot "Qubutz" as opposed to the Shuruq with a vavThe Teis has no dagesh Hazzaq.From the POV or the lens, of the QIMCHI system' why is the dagesh missing?1.  We simply don't know2.  Since shechuta usually has A Shuruq (vav) we read  it as if it were there.  3. Other?RRW
-------- Original message --------From: rabbirichwolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> Date: 4/10/19  3:43 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "Mandel, Seth" <mandels at ou.org>, Danny Levy <danestlev at gmail.com> Cc: avodah at aishdas.org, mesorah at aishdas.org Subject: P. Metzora 14:6 Hash'chutah Hash'chutah is written AFAICT with the 3 dot "Qubutz" as opposed to the Shuruq with a vavThe Teis has no dagesh Hazzaq.What is the best explanation for the lack ofbacdagesh in the Teis.1.  We simply don't know2.  Since shechuta usually has A Shuruq (vav) we read  it as if it were there.  3. Since The Masoretic text does not follow our rules of Diqduq, there is no reason to expect a dagesh in that Tes 4. Other?RRW