[Mesorah] P. Metzora 14:6 Hash'chutah

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Wed Apr 10 12:47:51 PDT 2019

The masorah knows nothing about any difference between these vowels.  If there is a vav in the written  text, it has a dot in the middle; if there is not vav, it has  the three diagonally placed dots.  From the point of view of the Masorah, they are identical.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org