[Mesorah] "P'nimiyus"

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Wed Jun 6 11:32:09 PDT 2018

No. Swaying existed during davening, but not shockeling.

The posuq, as you can see, does not define what action is being taken.  You must be able to realize that it is chasidim who use this posuq as a "proof," but the posuq does not mean that at all.  Swaying would also meet the description, as would any other action.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org