[Mesorah] kikar / kikar

Sholom Simon via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 26 11:10:17 PDT 2017

>Indeed, its form makes it almost impossible for it to be a Semitic
>word, with the same consonant in both the first and second place in
>the root. (I do not know what BDB does with the word; I cannot find
>it where it should be; other sources struggle with it.)

FWIW, the BDB for kikar can be found amongst here:
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/3603.htm

FYI, I don't know where this site is getting it's other texts from,
but I see on the right hand side, it does show a kametz for both
25:39 and 37:24.

But a patach for 38:27 and other places.  It does indeed seem like
(in most, I didn't look at all) the places where there is a meshares,
it's a patach, and where we see a mafsik, it's a kametz.

-- Sholom