[Mesorah] kikar / kikar

Sholom Simon via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 26 07:50:28 PDT 2017

The message below went out in error -- it was written (but not sent)
before I read subsequent responses.

Here's what I really want to say:

Thank you all for a great discussion -- I learned a lot.

I do want to correct one misimpression: the question did not originate with me.

I have a young friend, he's a tremendous learner and a real mensch --
his name is Adam Berman, a 23-year old at YU -- who was visiting here
this shabbos.  He told the story of being in a shul on shabbos
Terumah, and the baal koreh read the pasuk (25:39) twice (or perhaps
just that word), and afterwards asked him why.  The baal koreh told
him that there was a machlokes about the kametz/patach.  Adam (who
also is a baal koreh, and into dikduk) brought the question to me.

Shavua tov,

-- Sholom