[Mesorah] mishneh-kesef

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:35:17 PST 2017

RGD et al., this paragraph from a Leining-group post
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/leining/d$27chik$20atei%7Csort:date/leining/CzQ4WwB76J8/CMc-tb_1DwAJ>
by Rivka Sherman-Gold
<https://www.amazon.com/Rivka-Sherman-Gold/e/B00IZ6XQZ2/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1>
may be helpful: "Some Biblical Hebrew scholars use the term Dagesh Me*h*aber
for the dagesh referred to as Atei Merahik or De*h*ik. Yeivin’s book on the
Tiberian Masorah states that a word’s first syllable takes a dagesh if (i)
it is stressed on its first syllable (which has the first full vowel,
whether or not it is preceded by a shva or hataf) and (ii) it is preceded
by word that has a conjunctive accent and ends in an open syllable with a
kamatz or a segol. It has been suggested that the Aramaic term Atei Mera*h*ik
refers to the phenomenon, whereas the Aramaic term De*h*ik refers to the
dagesh itself."

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Juno via Mesorah <mesorah at lists.aishdas.org