[Mesorah] mis-accentuation (was: 'Tis Chanukka)

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Dec 20 09:11:11 PST 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 09:25:03AM -0500, Sholom Simon via Mesorah wrote:
: >Some (much?) of this can be blamed on the tunes we Ashqenazim use
: >(at least the ones I know).  Take the tunes for Hallel, for
: >instance.
:
: And the tunes of which you speak, presumably, were written by
: Ashqenazim.  Compare, e.g., to the accenting on the words in the
: popular tune for D'ror Yikra.

Right, from now on we should use Rock, because it offers many songs
that have a backbeat. <grin>

An enlightening and enjoyable Chanukah!

Micha Berger             When a king dies, his power ends,
micha at aishdas.org        but when a prophet dies, his influence is just
http://www.aishdas.org   beginning.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                    - Soren Kierkegaard