[Mesorah] 'Tis Chanukka

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 18:55:04 PST 2017

Quoth R'Seth, "As with most of dikduk, we are dealing with picayune
mistakes.  But a mistake it is, and it grates on my ears."  To which I
humbly add, "And that's the EHmes" :).

> vaychulLU, whereas almost everyone says vayCHUlu <
At least a small part of the problem is that many of our brethren do not
know (dare I add, do not care to learn the basics of) *ta'amei haMiqra*,
not just their function in creating phrases but their function as accents.
Maybe *hQbH* will grant me the *koach* & my local school will someday let
me teach* t'amim* to the young'uns ....

> many places where people mispronounce ... a couple of places almost
everyone makes a mistake <
C'mon, R'Seth, don't hold back -- tell us how you really feel :).

Gut Chodesh & "Zos Chanukas haMizbeiach!" from *Michael*