[Mesorah] Oleh veYoreid

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Oct 10 07:57:59 PDT 2016

I don't have time to look up the others, but there is a mistake here.
The oleh v'yored can only be the first major division and so must come before the etn'cha, just  like the segol can only be the first melekh.  These are inviolable rules.
What is over b'no‘am H' is NOT an oleh v'yored, but a r'via‘ mugrash, which is a lower level.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org