[Mesorah] Bemidbar or Bamidbar? A proof name

Zev Sero via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 5 10:01:15 PDT 2016

On 06/05/2016 12:57 PM, Dov Bloom wrote:
> The second book of the Torah,  even acc'd to r' Zev Sero,  and r' Art
> Scroll is probably Shemot,  with a shva,  and not hypercorrected to
> shaymot with a tzere (as the hamon does with the fourth book..) . Don
> minei veUki b'atrei.

On the contrary, the fact that that one *is* "Sh'mos" and not "Sheimos"
proves that "Bamidbor" is meant davka.   If it should be "B'midbar" then
it would be, just as "Sh'mos" is that.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other