[Mesorah] Melo Khol Ha'aretz Kevodo

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jan 19 11:57:16 PST 2016

I am totally in accord about your cogent comments about how adjectives and nouns have the same import according to the Torah, where what you do has a large import.  However, I will disagree about HQBH and the place of the shekhina, where intent has so much of a bearing in things like n'vu'ah and very aspects of qorbanot.
But that is theology and philosophy.  I do not agree that the form bonei Y-m is the standard one in Hebrew; there are many other examples of the boneh form. Even in Kapitel 147 it occurs twice, not only the case that I mentioned.  I think that there are stylistic and poetic reasons for the different forms.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org