[Mesorah] Artscroll Psalm 145 - Zecher vs. Zeicher

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 14 06:18:20 PDT 2016

There are over a dozen differences between Rabbi Scroll's siddurim and his T'NaKh. The T'NaKh was carefully edited and is quite good Massoretically. The siddur preserves a lot from Europen siddurim, which had many differences from the Massoretic text.
Zekher was the most common form in old Askenaz mss, probably originating in the fact that in the Medieval period Ashkenazi communities used a pronunciation like Sefaradim, and tzere and seghol were pronounced identically.

Rabbi Seth Mandel
Sent from my iPhone