[Mesorah] The Influence of Minhag E"Y

Michael Poppers via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 13 19:12:38 PDT 2016

RNK replied:
> There are many things where EY is influenced by chutz la'aretz.
> 1) "vese-erav" before Birkas Kohanim is only said in musaf on Yom Tov,
clearly it is because in chutz la'aretz they only do Birkas Kohanim on Yom
Tov even though in Eretz Yisrael this should be said every day. <
I find irony in RNK's thought, since AFAIK "*she'os'cha l'vad'cha b'yir'ah
na'avod*" is the *chasimah* of *nusach EY*.  FWIW, in *minhag FFdM* (i.e.
Ashk'naz) on YT, *duchening* is done also in Shacharis...but "*v'se'erav*"
is only said at Musaf; hence, I would not be so quick to conclude that "
*v'se'erav*" should be said "every day" (i.e. whenever *duchening* occurs).

Best wishes for a Chag Pesach Kasher v'Sameach from *Michael*