[Mesorah] Fwd: Accents

Jeremy Rosenbaum Simon via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jul 1 14:02:01 PDT 2015

This sefer is included in at least some of the large editions of the Tikkun
Simanim.
Jeremy

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Micha Berger via Mesorah <
mesorah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 01:04:07PM -0400, Toby Katz via Mesorah wrote:
> : From my brother, Heshy Bulman.  My apologies if others have already
> : mentioned the sefer he names.
>
> Before I go off on a tangent, it's at http://www.hebrewbooks.org/33823
> which should hold him until he finds a physical copy. Also, if he
> cannot find the republished copy, he can at least print the
> hebrewbooks version ($8+shipping softcover)
> http://www.publishyoursefer.com/reprints/t/8686
>

> The rebbe a few of my sons had for pre-1a is a friend of mine. Some
> 20 years ago or so, when I attended his pre-year overview of the
> syllabus. Which begins with "qamatz alef - a" and ends with sheva
> na / nach.
>
> After is was over, I took him aside and said, if you want the boys to
> actually use what you're teaching, it would pay to call the subject
> "qeri'ah".
>
> Similarly, I bet you the seifer your brother is looking for is "Mesoras
> haQeriah" -- the quf is degushah, so the sheva is na.
>
> Tir'u baTov!
> -Micha
>
> --
> Micha Berger             One doesn't learn mussar to be a tzaddik,
> micha at aishdas.org        but to become a tzaddik.
> http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
> Fax: (270) 514-1507

Jeremy R. Simon, MD, PhD, FACEP
Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC (Emergency Medicine)
Scholar-in-Residence, Center for Bioethics
Columbia University