[Mesorah] Hallel

Richard rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:15:54 PDT 2014

Akiva:
«The idea that machlokes and psak can affect the actual source text - even of the Chumash itself!»

Co-incidently, yesterday one of my rebbes was discussing with us the dispute in the Bavli with regard to the authorship of the last 8 p'sukkim of the Torah.

There are at least positions I was aware of
1. Y'hoshua wrote then
2. Mosheh wrote them "b'dema"
Which in turn has several interpretations -
A. With a tear or with tears
B. As per the GRA it all was one continuous document w/o breaks which got subsequently divided over Mosheh's lifetime. Presumably this section got "divvied up" after his death.