[Mesorah] Hallel

Richard rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:49:28 PDT 2014

So I think RRW might want to look for examples of "tikkunim by Minchas Shai or Heidenheim" which DO affect actual halacha. In the case at hand, so many people are careless about pronouncing a nun-dagesh, that I seriously doubt whether it affects being yotzay Hallel. Someone might want to look for similar cases which occur in Navi, where such a tikkun affects the meaning of a word, and hence whether or not we're yotzay krias hahaftarah. Or, look for such a tikkun which affects the *spelling* of a word, and that will affect whether or not the written klaf is kosher.

Akiva Miller»

I don't disagree with Akiva Miller.

My point about Rav Kanarfogel is simple:
"We currently accept a text that has evolved, so long as it evolved Halachically."

If that is true, is there any reason [excluding the strictly academic]  to restore an early version of the text?

And if so - do we get to an ein l'dovor sof situation?

Consider these options and the following question.
Which version trumps?

The Text most closely resembling -

1. Ezra Hasofer's?
2. The Bavli's?
3. Ben Asher's?
4. Keter's?
5. The current Halachic consensus?
6. Something else?

For R Kanarfogel I'm guessing he'd vote for Halachic Consensus.

_