[Mesorah] Hallel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 1 13:50:08 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 07:00:00PM +0100, Allan Engel wrote:
: Can anyone inform this neophyte why the Nun in Na of Hoshiah Na has a
: dagesh, but the Nun in Na of Hatzlichah Na doesn't?

This question has much to do with why this list exists.

Back when I was in HS I had the same question one yom tov while davening
at a Bachurei minyan. So, I asked that adult at my table who pronounced
his tefillos so exactly.

The answer he gave me was much like RDBannett's. But then RSM and RDB
still often agree, even on things RSM says 35 or so years later. <grin>
(Which I think means that RSM knew about the mil'eil vs milera issue
before RMBreur published.)

Anyway, it's not like I remember everything RSM tells me. (I'm sorry
if that disappoints him.) However, I recall how much he complemented me
for noticing, and sparking a general interest in diqduq.

So, quite indirectly, the printer oddity of getting the "nna" wrong has a
significant role in why I was motivated to create a list for the diqduq,
nusach and mesorah questions that were foring much of Avodah's readership,
rather than finding an already existing one to recommend.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Tifferes: What type of discipline
Fax: (270) 514-1507                             does harmony promote?